Family Health Centers of SW Florida, is not charging patients for
COVID-19 testing, during the declared public emergency.
Family Health Centers of SW Florida no cobrará pro exámenes
de COVID 19 durante la declaración de emergencia pública
TELE-MEDICINE SERVICES NOW AVAILABLE
FOR ADULT MEDICAL PATIENTS
Family Health Centers is now offering TELE-MEDICINE SERVICES to our ADULT MEDICINE patients. To schedule an appointment, please call 844-FHC-SWFL. Your must have a smart phone and use FACETIME or WHATS APP. New and existing patients are welcome to use this new service.
Family Health Centers esta ahora ofreciendo servicios Telemedicos a nuestros pacientes adultos. Para calendarizar una cita, porfavor llame al 844-FHC-SWFL. Debe tener un “smartphone” y usar Facetime y WhatsApp. Pacientes existentes y nuevos son bienvenidos a usar el servicio.
We are asking that you help us slow down the spread of the COVID-19 virus. If you have mild respiratory symptoms (runny nose, mild cough, nasal congestion) we are asking that you please do not come into our offices. Also, if you feel your appointment is routine and you can wait to see us, that you reschedule your appointment 2-3 weeks later. This does NOT APPLY TO CHILDREN that need health visits and vaccinations. if there is a time for children to be fully vaccinated, it is now.
If you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath, or have known exposure to a patient with CONFIRMED COVID-19, we ask that you do not come into any Family Health Centers of SW FLorida facility without calling us first. We now offer Telemedicine Services and we can probably direct you into next steps without you having to leave your home. If you do come to our offices, please only bring 1 accompanying person with you.
WE ARE NOT ROUTINELY TESTING FOR COVID-19 UNLESS YOU MEET THE CRITERIA FOR TESTING FROM THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL.
HERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND PREVENT THE SPREAD OF THE COVID-19 VIRUS.
1. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Follow closely all recommendations to avoid close contact with others.
2. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating and touching your face, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
3. Avoid making contact with your eyes, nose and mouth if at all possible.
4. If you are sick, stay home to help prevent the spread of the disease.
5. Always cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Try to cough or sneeze into your elbow and not your hand, or into a tissue and then throw it away.
6. As much as possible, avoid sharing personal household items like eating utensils and items you touch frequently like mobile devices.
7. Clean common surface areas like keyboards, door handles, desktops and mobile devices frequently with alcohol or bleach-based disinfecting sprays or wipes.
In Memory of Ms. Zoila Martinez
Family Health Centers of Southwest Florida mourns the passing of one of our most dedicated and passionate Board Members. Ms. Zoila Martinez spent her life working as a tireless advocate for the disadvantaged and socio-economically challenged members of our community. Born in Matamoros Mexico in 1932, Ms. Martinez spent her years working in nursing and raising her family. In the late 1970s, she moved with her family to Lee County as a part of the Migrant Field Worker stream, and continued her community advocacy, providing meals to her community at no charge, working to connect others with social services, and volunteering her time with numerous outreach agencies. Ms. Martinez joined the Board of Family Health Centers in 1983 and continued in that service until 2017. Ms. Martinez was recognized with many awards in her lifetime, including special commendations from the Lee County Board of Commissioners, the National Migrant Health Advisory Board, the Florida Governors Point of Light Award, Florida Council on Aging, and many more awards too numerous to list. Ms. Martinez embodied the spirit behind our mission and serves as a shining role model for our community. We are extremely proud to count her as a member of our Family.
Check In Before You Arrive at The Office For Your Appointment Using Your Mobile Device or Computer!
Worried that you can’t afford health care services? No insurance?
We can help! All Family Health Centers offices serve all patients regardless of ability to pay.
Family Health Centers is an NHSC site and part of the National Health Service Corps. What does this mean?